Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD authorization bill
The House bill containing the provisions on sex-related crimes that the Obama administration supports as well as the detention policies that it vigorously opposes must be reconciled with a Senate version before heading to the president's desk.
Theresa Kern, a member of Women Construction Owners and Executives, discusses a new provision in the 2013 Defense Authorization Bill that helps women-owned, small construction companies. Grant McLaughlin of Booz Allen Hamilton talks about a new social media guide for feds. Alex Bolton of The Hill newspaper previews the upcoming confirmation season. Matthew Zisman of Bloomberg Government talks about new contracts for NASA.
Tags: Theresa Kern , MA Steel Erectors , DoD , women construction owners and executives , Grant McLaughlin , Alex Bolton , Cabinet Tracker , President Barack Obama , The Hill , Matthew Zisman , Bloomberg Government , NASA , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Witold Skwierczynski of the AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals talks about today's SSA demonstration. Travis Howerton discusses the National Nuclear Security Administration's plans to launch its own social network. Jeremy Herb of The Hill details the Defense Bill just passed by the Senate.
Lawmakers have about 23 real work days left before the end of the fiscal year to pass USPS reform, comprehensive cyber, DoD authorization and all the 2013 spending bills. Experts hold out little hope even after the passage of the FDA bill and the expected approval of the highway legislation.
As cybersecurity-specific bills stall in Congress, Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I) has suggested amending the defense bill to get the biggest cyber initiatives passed.
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
The House passed a 1.6 percent pay raise for military personnel.