Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Update
Politico reports that Defense Secretary Gates fulfilled a dream of bringing home four soldiers.
Defense Secretary wants to put a stop to acronym overuse.
Stars and Stripes reports that the Obama administration has been evasive about whether or not servicemembers might see a pay freeze as well, even though they are not included in the current two-year freeze proposal.
The Wall Street Journal reports on the U.S. military's growing presence in Yemen.
The New York Times reports that Operation Global Shield is not stopping all ammonium nitrate -- a key bomb-making ingredient -- from entering Afghanistan.
The DoD website reports the National Guard Bureau is examining possible fraudulent bonuses.
Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) said he will hold DoD nominations until he gets information related to the Joint Forces Command closing in Norfolk.
Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) said he will place a hold on all Defense Department nominations for civilian and flag or general officers, saying the Pentagon has not been forthcoming with information about its decision to close the Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va.
DoD withdrew the nomination of Teresa Takai for CIO, but Takai could still end up in a "refashioned" position.
The 2011 budget is re-energizing Navy ship building. The service will spend more than a billion dollars to build a new submarine.