Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Update
The personnel proposals included in the 2013 Defense Department budget include hikes to healthcare fees, cutbacks in both uniformed and civilian personnel. DoD also plans to save money through continued efficiencies and plans to increase the acquisition workforce.
The president has nominated Katrina McFarland to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition.
The chief of the military's Special Operations wants more authority and freedom to move his forces around the world.
The finds of those 17,000 jobs, the Army brought the most contractor positions back to federal employees, 42 percent.
A memorandum of understanding the two agencies signed yesterday will commit them to share resources and brainpower to make sure DoD bases have the long-term energy, land, air and water resources they need.
The leaders of the Senate Armed Services Committee suggested on Monday that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta rushed a decision to develop the Marine Corps version of the next-generation strike fighter jet despite new technical problems with the troubled program.
Navy expects to implement the first network on a fleet destroyer in late 2012.
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, says he'll kill any request coming from the Pentagon for a new round of base closures.
The Defense Acquisition Board approved the next phase of development for the Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System or DEAMS.
The position of Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks and Information Integeration no longer has acquisition-specific functions or resources for command, control, communications, non-intelligence space matters and major automated information systems.