Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Update
A panel of lawmakers concluded that it was not easy doing business with the Defense Department, especially for small and medium sized business.
President Obama nominated Dr. Kathleen H. Hicks for the position of principal deputy under secretary of defense for Policy and Derek H. Chollet, as assistant secretary of defense for International Security Affairs.
The service released a second draft solicitation for the Next Generation Enterprise Network. Industry has until March 30 to comment.
n 2007, 75 percent of the Air Force's service contracts were awarded through competitive procurements. By last year, that had fallen to 59 percent.
The budget proposal House Republicans are planning to unveil next week will include provisions that would rescue the Defense Department from further budget cuts.
Unless it's an emergency, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told Defense Secretary Leon Panetta he would block requests by the Defense Department for reprogramming requests to move money between budget accounts.
Air Force Lt. Gen Brooks Bash, the staff logistics director, will oversee a seven-point plan to reduce battlefield energy consumption. The plan came out in June, and a has been put in place.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is calling on programmers everywhere to help wrangle old satellites stuck in space for salvage.
A new Marine Corps advertising campaign starting this weekend takes its cue from research showing today's recruit-age generation is interested in helping people.