Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Report
Big Republican gains in Congress could make it harder for President Barack Obama to keep his pledge to start bringing U.S. troops home from Afghanistan by next summer. We get an update on how things are going there from Rear Adm. Greg Smith.
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates is on a whirlwind trip to Australia and Malaysia, where he will reinforce the U.S. commitment to the region with a longstanding U.S. ally and an increasingly close partner.
Rival teams from Lockheed Martin and Austal USA have been waiting all year to see which of their designs would be chosen for the U.S. Navy's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) competition. Now, if the Navy gets permission from the lame-duck Congress, the winner could be: both.
The leadership of several key defense committees will change hands as a result of the 2010 midterm elections. The transfer of power is expected to reshape defense oversight in the House.
Tags: Congress , Congressional Spotlight , 2010 Election , Buck McKeon , House Armed Services Committee , Ike Skelton , DoD , David Petraeus , Afghanistan , Don't Ask, Don't Tell , GITMO , Dorobek Insider
Tom Temin spoke with Army Major Mark Cervantes, assistant product manager for the Infantry Brigade Combat Team from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, about how network integration is getting intelligence into the hands of combat troops on the battlefield.
The Army has filled two of its highest acquisition jobs. Heidi Shyu has been appointed principal deputy assistant secretary for acquisition, logistics and technology. Scott Fish is its new chief scientist.
Myfuture.com helps young adults plan their next steps in life by bringing together the most recently available information about colleges, careers and military service. DoD's Matt Boehmer explains.
It will provide continuous cell phone coverage for operational forces in Afghanistan.
Wired and GCN report that cyber attacks have decreased but the actual risk of attacks may not be decreasing.
The Harvard Business School completed a survey of how different branches of the military work in leadership positions.