Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Report
DoD's top financial manager says the Pentagon is pressing forward to meet Congressional edicts for auditable financial statements. But constant federal budget emergencies are sapping huge amounts of energy from the financial workforce tasked with preparing for audit.
Tags: DoD , financial management , audit readiness , Robert Hale , Elizabeth McGrath , Congress , Air Force , Navy , Gladys Commons , Marilyn Thomas , DEAMS , ERP , House Armed Services Committee , budget , Jared Serbu , Federal Drive
Officials held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for the new Defense Health Headquarters in Virginia.
Military's cyber leaders say job satisfaction has so far trumped salary concerns when it comes to building and retaining a workforce of elite cyber warriors. Building the capacity of that training pipeline is the next challenge.
Tags: Obama Impact , DoD , cybersecurity , workforce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Air Force , Michael Basla , Navy , Michael Rogers , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , DISA , Henry Sienkiewicz , Roger Greenwell , training , Jared Serbu , On DoD , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
The agencies soon will issue solicitations that will take them one step closer to deploying integrated electronic health records for service members, veterans and their families. The departments have been working on the project for years but have only recently begun to demonstrate tangible progress.
Tags: DoD , VA , electronic health records , health IT , technology , Ruben Gomez , Barclay Butler , Jeff Miller , Ed Meagher , Robert Wah , Obama Impact , House Veterans Affairs Committee , CSC , SRA , Federal Drive
The researchers said outdated prevention methods combined with staff shortages and a stigma against alcohol and drug-related disorders means the Defense Department is not not keeping up with a public health crisis.
The contract is part of DARPA's High-Assurance Cyber Military Systems.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta requested that all of his department's agencies have their auditable financial statements to him by 2014.
Pentagon says planning for future contingencies will include contract management from the get-go rather than letting be an afterthought.
The Pentagon ordered two warships to the Libyan coast in the aftermath of the attack in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador and three others, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
The Air Force says the evaluations will set the standard for larger training programs for airmen and U.S. allies.