Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD Report
Michelle Janine Howard became the first African-American woman to achieve the rank of three-star vice admiral, as she stepped into her new role as deputy commander of the U.S. Fleet Forces headquartered in Norfolk, Va.
The ships are supposed to be able to sail in shallow water and ward off various threats from submarines to pirates.
The plan calls for the creation of two new bodies. The Cyber Investment Management Board would oversee cyber acquisition, and a Cyber Capabilities Team would look at technology and policy requirements.
The Defense Department named AM General, which makes the Humvee, plus Lockheed Martin and Oshkosh Corporation. The three will build competing prototypes.
An Army Reserve lieutenant colonel and two former Special Forces soldiers were indicted Wednesday in a multimillion-dollar fraud scheme to win military contracts in Afghanistan.
Dan Blair, DoD's deputy inspector general for auditing, blames delays on a new, resource planning system. He says the department has inconsistent controls and unreliable data.
Sources say the Defense Department is behind on implementing the new plan and may in fact be exploring other options.
Protesters say the ultimate-fighting league condones sexist and homophobic behavior that runs contrary to the Marine Corps' commitment to maintain dignity and respect towards others.
In just the past 10 days, Afghan forces have attacked their coalition partners seven times, killing nine Americans.