Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Christine Parthemore, a fellow at the Center for a New American Security, discusses with the DorobekINSIDER the findings of a CNAS study about DoD's transition away from reliance on oil.
Deputy Defense Secretary says information technology, and the world's reliance on it, has redefined the front lines of national security.
NextGov's Bob Brewin analyzes the future of the former DoD CIO nominee.
Congressmen Skelton and Davis say legislation would apply the lessons learned from Goldwater-Nichols Act to more than 13 agencies to help promote collaboration and understanding of each other's roles. The bill calls for a two-year detail for each senior official to learn how other national security agencies work.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , Ike Skelton , Geoff Davis , House Armed Services Committee , State , Treasury , USDA , James Loser , Project on National Security Reform , national security personnel , training , Goldwater-Nichols Act , jason miller
ARINC Vice President of Contracts and Procurement Glenn Baer says industry "is still trying to evaluate [the initiatives] to determine our entry point."
The Defense Department has officially withdrawn the nomination of Teresa Takai to be its next assistant secretary of defense for networks and information integration and chief information officer.
According to a GAO report, the Defense Department's finance systems are $6.9 billion over budget and 2 to twelve years behind schedule, NextGov reports.
Defense contractor Mantech expands its government security work with the $60 million purchase of QinetiQ North America's Security and Intelligence Solutions (S&IS). S&IS recently won a position on a missile defense contract worth $365 million.
The Pentagon's decision to close Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va., remains its biggest hot spot in its effort to save $100 billion over the next three years.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , management , technology , William Lynn , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Carl Levin , Joseph Lieberman , Ashton Carter , John McCain , Senate Armed Services Committee , Joint Forces Command , BTA , Teri Takai , efficiency initiatives , jason miller , JFCOM
Federal Security Spotlight examines the stand-up of the new DoD Cyber Command, to be lead by General Keith Alexander. This week, we bring you a portion of a House Armed Services Committee hearing where Alexander testified.
September 30, 2010