Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
The Senate Armed Services Committee has agreed to hold a hearing Sept. 9.
Tags: management , Jim Webb , Robert Gates , Gerry Connolly , Diane Watson , Senate Armed Services Committee , JFCOM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , efficiency initiatives , Jason Miller
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has ordered a coordinated cyberspace counterintelligence policy to better identify military personnel who may pose a threat.
Defense Department officials are testing a new project.
Mobile phone apps are a growing security threat
Agencies and vendors soon will be able to submit cloud-based products and services to be certified and accredited once and be available for use by all of government. Version 2 of the FedRAMP security controls should be ready in the next few weeks. Cloud working group still must address several questions about the approval process.
What is the latest with the Internet Policy Task Force?
Learn more in today's DoD Report.
The request for information is part of a broader effort to ensure DoD has capabilities to meet its growing needs and expectations. The Military Health System also has created an EHR Way Ahead Program Office to help oversee the modernization of the health record.
The Pentagon is warning for the first time about the Chinese military's use of civilian computer experts in clandestine cyber attacks aimed at American companies and government agencies. DoD has issued a report says the People's Liberation Army, is using "information warfare units" to develop viruses to attack enemy computer systems and networks, and those units include civilian computer professionals.
Combat troops might be gone, but the military isn't done yet