Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Monday is the anniversary of President Dwight Eisenhower's "military-industrial complex" speech.
The Navy will eliminate 200 captains and commanders, citing high retention and low attrition rates.
GAO's Jack Edwards gives highlights of the report on defense
The Associated Press reports that DoD has not given full disclosure to its cyber warfare.
IT consolidation and efficiency efforts within the Air Force are part of the service's contribution to Defense Secretary Robert Gates' efficiency initiative, Air Force Secretary Mike Donley said Wednesday. He expects to shave more than $1 billion from the service's IT expenses.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said last week that he wants to increase health insurance premiums for working-age military retirees by a "modest" amount to take pressure off of DoD's ballooning health care budget. Groups that represent retirees say Gates' past proposals for TRICARE hikes have been anything but modest.
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , Robert Gates , budget , TRICARE , Military Officers Association of America , The Retired Enlisted Association , CSIS , Cathy Beasley , Deirdre Holleman , Maren Leed , Jared Serbu
OMB controller Danny Werfel said the Treasury Department should be finished testing and analyzing systems in the next six months. The CFO Council highlights priorities for 2011, and among them is the further reduction of improper payments. Werfel said agencies will begin using the software tool first utilized by the Recovery Board to identify potential problems.
For many years, the Pentagon budget has been off-limits, but some Congressional decision-makers are saying things like "everything should be on the table."