Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
The Ivory coast is in serious turmoil. Forces loyal to Laurent Gbagbo began attacking and burning U.N. vehicles in yesterday as tensions rise between Gbagbo and those who say he lost the election to Alassane Ouattra. The United Nations says Ouattara won the vote, but Gbagbo, who came to power in 2000, has rejected the U.N.-certified tally. There are reports of atrocities. A U.N. human rights officials says there are reports of mass graves around the capital of Abidjan.
The U.S military is playing a significant role in the treatment of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Dr. James Eklund, a retired Army Colonel who served in Iraq, one the most experienced with penetrating trauma in the U.S. Col. Geoffrey Ling, currently on active duty and acting chair of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, were sent the Tucson to help out. They have developed extraordinary expertise in treating some the most difficult and delicate trauma cases.
The Navy's top IT official ordered the entire service not to spend any money for new or upgraded servers and data centers. This comes as the service prepares to release its enterprise data center consolidation strategy in March.
The Naval Academy's Andrew Phillips explains the shift in the 166-year-old institution's curriculum.
Monday is the anniversary of President Dwight Eisenhower's "military-industrial complex" speech.
The Navy will eliminate 200 captains and commanders, citing high retention and low attrition rates.
GAO's Jack Edwards gives highlights of the report on defense
The Associated Press reports that DoD has not given full disclosure to its cyber warfare.