Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
GAO's Michael Sullivans explains the recommendations for the Defense Department to improve oversight of its power source investments.
WFED's Jason Miller and Jared Serbu give details on stories they are working on.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates was expected to spend the morning detailing for members of Congress his internal cost-cutting measures, which he said in August would save the department $100 billion over five years. Analysts said the effort was intended to preempt any budget cuts that Congress might force on the department.
A new program covering the dependents of TRICARE beneficiaries up to age 26 will not be ready for a formal roll-out for several more months, but one of the program's top officials said they intend to make the new coverage retroactive to Jan. 1.
A ten percent DoD budget cut can be done, says Brookings Senior Fellow Michael O'Hanlon.
Small Wars Journal's Robert Haddick outlines the top three resolutions he has suggested for the Defense Department.
No evidence that U.S drones were shot down in the Persian Gulf. That's the word from the Pentagon. But Iran is claiming that it took out two Western drones in the Gulf. Reuters reports, the last time a U.S. drone crashed in the Gulf was in 2009 after a mechanical failure. Pentagon spokesman Colonel Dave Lapan says there are "no recent reports that would corroborate what the Revolutionary Guard said about unmanned aerial vehicles."
Lyle Eesley, director of the Learning Center of Excellence for Service Acquisition at DAU, joins the Federal Drive with more information on the Service Acquisition Mall (SAM)