Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday that creating a more flexible workplace is a "strategic imperative" for the Defense Department. He said the military must make the same adaptations that are being made in the private sector and in civilian agencies if it intends to hold onto its talent.
DoD employees gave more than $17 million to the Combined Federal Campaign in 2010, Deputy Defense Secretary Bill Lynn said Monday.
Federal agencies are collaborating to fight bed bug infestations with common-sense practices.
David Wennergren, the Defense Department's assistant deputy chief management officer has inherited a second hat. ennergren's main task in his role as BTA director will be to oversee its closure.
Top Pentagon officials defended Defense Secretary Robert Gates' proposed multibillion-dollar cuts in military spending.
Defense said it would issue new contractor reporting guidance by last August. The GAO says agencies are still waiting.
Seven senators have requested an independent investigation by the Defense Department's inspector general into the accidental disclosure of technical data to rival bidders Boeing and EADS in the Air Force's refueling tanker competition.
Tags: contracting , Congress , Air Force , Boeing , EADS , Wendy Masiello , Maria Cantwell , Jerry Moran , Pat Roberts , Lindsay Graham , Charles Schumer , refueling tanker , Procurement Integrity Act , Senate Armed Services Committee , Jared Serbu
The Army is nearly finished with the testing phase of its new DISA-hosted enterprise e-mail service and plans to begin migrating users into the cloud in mid-February.
An event this week sponsored by Potomac Institute in Arlington, Va., evaluates government's cyber spending priorities.