Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Marion Blakey, the president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association a former FAA administrator, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what aerospace contractors should keep their eyes open for.
In reports and testimony to Congress, the Government Accountability Office finds DoD has built a credible plan to meet a Congressionally-mandated full financial audit by 2017. However, the audit agency is skeptical the military branches will be able to implement the plan in time.
Ashton Carter, the nominee to be the new deputy Defense secretary, said DoD will need to consider civilian employee furloughs, the abandonment of major weapons systems and a severe curtailing of military training if the sequestration envisioned by Congress as a budget-cutting forcing function takes effect.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says his state won't have enough time to prepare for the move of 6,400 Defense Department employees to the Mark Center in Alexandria, Va., as part of the Base Realignment and Closure. The deadline for the move is Sept. 1.
Scott Thomas is a project manager for the GPS Directorate at the Space and Missile Center at the Los Angeles Air Force Base.
The Defense and Energy departments are starting two new joint research and demonstration projects intended to help DoD become less reliant on petroleum.
General James Cartwright said the recent DoD cybersecurity strategy is an important first step in making sure cybersecurity policy is integrated across both the Pentagon and government.