Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Mark E. Krzysko, deputy director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, told Federal News Radio about the new system the Pentagon is using to improve acquisition. The Acquisition Visibility program gives DoD officials on-demand access to procurement data.
The Defense Department will focus its energies on trying to make its IT systems so hard to penetrate that adversaries won't bother trying. The Pentagon barely mentions offensive capabilities in its new cyber strategy.
Tags: Industry , cybersecurity , William Lynn , James Cartwright , James Langevin , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , technology , information sharing , defense industrial base , Jared Serbu
GAO finds the Pentagon isn't moving fast enough in improving the skills of their workforce. House lawmakers focused in the acquisition workforce, specifically. DoD defended its efforts, pointing to the 8,600 new acquisition workers hired over the past few years.
Tags: Contracting , pay and benefits , vicky hartzler , larry kissell , keith charles , Howard McKeon , Brenda Farrell , GAO , House Armed Services Committee , acquisition , acquisition workforce , human capital management , High Risk list , Peter Buxbaum
The Professional Services Council details likes and dislikes of procurement language in the 2012 DoD Authorization bill.
All agency bureaus will implement the Internet Payment Platform by 2012. Additionally, all Treasury vendors must submit invoices through the portal starting in 2013. The electronic invoice payment program is one of 12 initiatives to improve federal financial management.
Democratic Senators, led by Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), say Panetta's plan breaks the law.
The House passed a 1.6 percent pay raise for military personnel.
Unemployment by returning members of the military is too high. Senator Patty Murray is moving to change that.
William Lynn is stepping down as Defense Department deputy secretary.