Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey's first day on the job was Monday, and he settled in behind a desk also used by Army Gen. Douglas MacArthur in the Philippines during World War II.
Outgoing Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn said the biggest change at the Defense Department during his tenure was the increased focus on cybersecurity.
Boeing has received a $12 billion dollar contract to keep the Defense Department's C-17 Globemaster transport planes flying
The Navy has released its draft solicitation for its huge Next Generation Enterprise Network project, which replaces the current Navy-Marine Corps Intranet and could end up being the largest private IT network in the world. The draft RFP is the last step — and the last opportunity for industry to comment — before Navy issues a final RFP.
Ms. McGrath leads the Department's efforts to better synchronize, integrate and coordinate DoD business operations.
The Naval Surface Warfare Center has awarded General Dynamics a $48 million dollar contract to develop a new, underwater mine detector.
The Pentagon reminding workers stationed overseas to leave out cost-of-living pay when calculating their household budgets.
"We are just beginning to get set in Afghanistan ... in doing everything that we can" says Ashton Carter, the Defense Department's chief weapons buyer. He said, because the country is so remote and lacks infrastructure, stopping roadside bombs there is much more difficult that it was in Iraq. Carter and General Jay Paxton Jr. are heading up a new task force to figure out how to deal with improvised explosive devices. A taskforce to do just that is already at work, but appears to have fallen victim to bureaucracy.
Bill Bransford and Maria Coleman will be joined by David Fisher, Director of the Business Transformation Agency at DoD, to discuss the transition and opportunities for optimization within federal agencies.