Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
The VA hopes to improve the care it gives veterans of Desert Storm and Desert Shield. The department is seeking public comment on a task force's recommendations.
Agencies will work with private sector providers to share electronic health records through the Nationwide Health Information Network. This will be the second site to use the NHIN.
GSA says agencies have awarded 37 task orders worth more than $400 million on the large and small versions of the technology services governmentwide acquisition contract. DoD is the biggest user of the large business Alliant contract so far.
The Pentagon takes part in eighth annual IT Job Shadow day. It hosts more than 140 students to provide a rare look at the technology employment opportunities in the military. The goal is to get a pipeline going to replace the baby boomers who are expected to retire in the coming years.
System integration, bandwidth providing separate challenges
The State Department in late January began testing the use of digital certificates on Microsoft Word and Excel documents, using the Group Policy Object function to digitally lock down Microsoft Office so employees does not use any macros that are not approved by State.
Sen. Feinstein calls for an international treaty on cyberspace to create mutual assurances of protection. Experts say the difficulty is determining the threshold of what constitutes an attack worthy of war. Delayed DoD cyber command would play key role in coming up with strategy for offensive and defensive cyber actions.
Tags: technology , Dennis Blair , Dianne Feinstein , Keith Alexander , ODNI , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , White House , DoJ , Jim Lewis , Greg Nojeim , CSIS , CDT , cybersecurity , Cyber Command
Agency hires Stanley Inc. under a $18 million deal. Stanley will provide document processing services.
New agencywide strategy will promote collaboration as key component to all computer applications. DISA Director Pollett is expected to sign out the new vision plan next week.
Agency conducts test with Kaiser Permanente using the NHIN to share the data of 450 veterans. The VA expects to expand the use of data exchange in 2010 with DoD and private sector providers. This was the largest public-private electronic health record exchange to date.
Tags: technology , Stephen Ondra , Tim Cromwell , Robert Smith , VA , Kaiser Permanente , health IT , electronic health records , information sharing , Nationwide Health Information Network , management , Veterans Affairs , best practices