Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Terri Takai, the nominee to be the next Defense Department chief information officer, will not have her nomination hearing as scheduled.
The Defense sector isn't getting any smaller
In our DoD Report, Defense Secretary Robert Gates says information sharing at DoD is too important to set aside even in the wake of the WikiLeaks scandal. We also take a look at the profits of various defense contractors.
Industry wants changes in DoD contract reforms
See which agencies made the cut and vote for your favorite in our poll.
Specifically, Industry is focusing on the transition of contracted work to federal employees, and restrictions on what criteria are used in contract awards.
A Senate panel probes the government's continued foreign language deficiencies. The Government Accountability Office finds limited progress across several agencies. DHS and DoD are taking steps to increase the number of employees with foreign language skills.
A dozen Defense Department workers jobs are at risk, allegedly because of their bad credit ratings. AFGE Vice President, Arnold Scott, says DoD isn't playing fair.
Read more from the Washington Checkpoint blog.
One analyst says he has some ideas when it comes to helping the Defense Department save money.