Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
New agencywide strategy will promote collaboration as key component to all computer applications. DISA Director Pollett is expected to sign out the new vision plan next week.
Agency conducts test with Kaiser Permanente using the NHIN to share the data of 450 veterans. The VA expects to expand the use of data exchange in 2010 with DoD and private sector providers. This was the largest public-private electronic health record exchange to date.
Tags: technology , Stephen Ondra , Tim Cromwell , Robert Smith , VA , Kaiser Permanente , health IT , electronic health records , information sharing , Nationwide Health Information Network , management , Veterans Affairs , best practices
Termination fees could impact budget of future modernization efforts. New strategy to detail incremental approach; Boeing still to do some work.
Experts say the federal government should train managers on performance first. Rep. Connolly offers tips from his experience in Fairfax County, Va.
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Bob Lentz , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , NSA , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Armed Services Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
The House Armed Services Committee today formed a panel to figure out how best to reform the Defense Department's acquisition programs and processes.
Tags: contracting , Ike Skelton , Jim McHugh , Jim Andrews , Mike Conaway , Clair McCaskill , Carl Levin , John McCain , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Acquisition reform
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
GAO finds the administration did not meet several acquisition workforce planning mandates under the Defense Authorization law. OMB tells auditors they do not think a centralized training fund will work, and instead will improve the acquisition workforce through the budget process.
A new directive from the military formalizes a pilot program between the DoD and the Defense Industrial Base. DoD and vendors will create an information sharing environment for threats and best practices.
Federal Register notice details how the program will work. Service's approach similar to other science and technology lab demonstration projects.