Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Rep. Issa says acquisition reform must begin with defining inherently governmental. He also proposes to use third parties to help write contract requirements.
Tags: contracting , Rep. Darrell Issa , Jeff Liebman , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Energy , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , acquisition reform , inherently governmental , workforce , In-sourcing , A-76 , P&B
Deputy Secretary Lynn scheduled to make reveal plans during speech at CSIS.
Focus on procurement and cyber coordinator biggest differences as compared to Bush administration's CNCI. Pres. Obama to begin with 24 actions to improve IT security.
Tags: technology , contracting , President Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DHS , GSA , NSA , Karen Evans , Alan Paller , Bruce McConnell , SANS Institute , cybersecurity , TIC , identity management
Improvements focused internally, externally
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
Standard configuration for Windows 2003 and 2008 builds upon desktop baseline. New secure servers provide another level of cybersecurity for agency systems.
NSPS task force to get down into pay for performance weeds. Defense and OPM team up to announce a new task force to lead the way.
Agency developing two systems to meet Aug. 1 deadline and beyond
He outlines several priorities if confirmed, including further reducing improper payments and reducing the federal real property inventory. Werfel says DoD must better understand why a qualified audit helps them meet their mission.
Tags: management , Danny Werfel , Sen. Tom Carper , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , VA , NASA , DHS , financial management , improper payments , Consolidated financial audits , real property