Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
In Debra Filippi's 34 years of work in the federal government she served as the Director of the DoD/VA Interagency program office.
The President's proposal for a Civilian Property Realignment Board could cost agencies more money than the current system to dispose of unused federal property.
The National Resource Directory is allowing agencies to share information with members of the military. Koby Langley from DoD tells Federal News Radio how the collaboration works.
GSA, DoD, DHS still need at least another month to finalize the FedRAMP requirements. Agencies and vendors are anxiously waiting the FedRAMP process to speed up the move to cloud computing and save money. The CIO Council also is developing the top 20 cloud security considerations to help agencies mitigate risks.
Beth McGrath, DoD's deputy chief management officer, said reworking acquisition regulations will include new ways to buy technology and promote agile development. The Pentagon is targeting everything from the way it buys technology to standardizing business systems in an effort to save money and become more efficient. DoD wants to standardize 15 common, commercial business processes.
These are the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
Debra Fillippi, former director of the DoD/VA Interagency Program Office is joining Suss after at 34 year federal career
Tags: Suss Consulting
The new DoD secretary will need to concentrate on military spending cuts and withdrawing troops from the Middle East, according to Lawrence Korb, a former assistant secretary of defense under President Reagan.