Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
The center has also established internships at the National Security Agency and the National Defense University.The goal is to build awareness among officers of what strategists consider the fifth domain of warfare.
The Pentagon wants to promote drug awareness and to prevent illegal drug use among service members and their families.
Would you take a buyout if the boss offered you one? You might want to decide now because if and when an offer comes, it won't be on the table very long, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Joint Staff is reviewing the doctrine, which should define when the military can go on the cyber offensive. Once it is approved, Cyber Command will put out guidance and tailor its training accordingly.
Capt. Duane Ashton, the program manager for unmanned systems in the Navy's program executive office for Littoral Combat Ships. He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the new device and how it furthers Navy's trend toward using more unmanned vessels.
Winslow Wheeler is the director at the Straus Military Reform Project for the Center for Defense Information.
Senior defense leaders told Congress they've already made huge steps toward implementing the recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Former members of the panel say DoD still has a lot of work to do.
Tags: Congress , Senate , Commission on Wartime Contracting , Dov Zakheim , Katherine Schinasi , Claire McCaskill , Frank Kendall , Brooks Bash , acqusition , management , Jared Serbu , Iraq , Afghanistan
In a blog post on DoDLive.mil, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey said he rejects the comparison of the military retirement system to a civilian retirement system, after the Defense Business Board has recommended changes to the military retirement system to something more like what is available for private-sector civilians.
A new Center for Strategic and Budgetary Analysis report says the Defense Department should look at improving value in military pay and benefits, not simply cutting. The report also calls for a BRAC-like commission to study service members' benefits.