Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoD
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
Agency sets sights on 9 big spenders
A recent report released by the congressional watchdog looks at whether or not DoD's military compensation package is sufficient to recruit and retain the best and the brightest. The GAO's director of defense capabilities and management issues says the issue isn't as easy to examine as it sounds.
A recent analysis from FedSources shows that the money available for contractors in the FY 2011 budget is smaller when compared to FY 2010, and the trend is likely to continue.
Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, explains why his organization wrote a letter to Defense Department Secretary Robert Gates. One of the largest unions in the country, the International Association of Machinists, has expressed concerns about the process, as well.
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
The White House makes a big government IT nomination -- Teri Takai, the California CIO. What will it mean? We get insights from NextGov's What's Brewin blogger Bob Brewin.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Though official DoD Web policy is only a week old, study examines how the overall military has been using 2.0 tools so far.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.