Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoC
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Simon Szykman, the new CIO at the Department of Commerce.
September 16, 2010
The votes are in and Federal News Radio listeners and readers have determined that the Pentagon has the best food choices of any agency in the federal government.
See which agencies made the cut and vote for your favorite in our poll.
On October 5, 2009, President Obama issued Executive Order (EO) 13514- Federal Leadership in Environment, Energy, and Economic Performance- aimed at making ambitious and broad improvements in the overall sustainability of the federal government. The order requires all federal agencies to inventory their greenhouse gas emissions, set emissions reduction targets, and develop strategies and action plans for meeting a wide range of sustainability goals encompassing water and energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
The EO puts the federal agencies in the position of being trail blazers. This ambitious goal presents great opportunities for green transformation and its own set of unique challenges. Noblis is pleased to announce a panel discussion on "Leading the Way: Federal Green Initiatives," where key public sector stakeholders will discuss the strategies they are pursuing, the challenges they are facing and expect to encounter, and steps they are taking to ensure the success of their sustainability initiatives.
Tags: technology , Noblis , Nolbis Insights Panel , green , Barack Obama , greenhouse gas , Stephen R. Leeds , GSA , Mary Catherine Pleffner , DOI , Dr. Thomas Armstrong , Dr. David L. Evans , Marguerite Coffey , Beverly Kirk , Bevkirk International , Michelle Moore
A recent GAO report looked at agencies' policies for choosing the locations of conferences and found that cost was the number one factor when it came to planning. Details from GAO's Lorelei St. James.
Inventive Eats: Incredible Food Innovations highlights how our breakfast cereals, sandwiches, dinner entrees, and more have been transformed by significant events, discoveries and inventions. We get the tasty details from the Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, David Kappos.
Previewing a bill that could change the future of the U.S. Census Bureau. (part 1 of 2)
February 9th, 2009
Originally Aired July 24th at 2:00pm