Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoC
The Senate voted Thursday to approve President Barack Obama's nomination of former utility executive John Bryson to head the Commerce Department, easily overcoming conservatives' objections that his pro-environmental views made him unsuited for the job.
CIO Simon Szykman said the department has a goal of $50 million in savings through strategic sourcing and that commodity technology will play a big role in achieving that mark. He said the agency also is looking at expanding NOAA's IT services contract so the rest of the department can use it.
The Department of Commerce wants your ideas on the cybersecurity in an Internet-connected economy. Find out how you can comment on the department's report "Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy".
Newly cross-trained Commerce staff working in existing local department offices are beginning to assist Chicago area businesses in collaboration with state and local partners. We get details from Commerce's Dennis Alvord.
Telework proves itself again when a Continuity of Operations Plan comes together.
A fire at the U.S. Department of Commerce has shut down the Hoover Building in D.C.. Construction workers had been doing asbestos abatement when the fire started in a storage room. Crews were able to quickly put out the fire but employees are being encouraged to take administrative leave or telework.