Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DoC
The Senate voted Thursday to approve President Barack Obama's nomination of former utility executive John Bryson to head the Commerce Department, easily overcoming conservatives' objections that his pro-environmental views made him unsuited for the job.
CIO Simon Szykman said the department has a goal of $50 million in savings through strategic sourcing and that commodity technology will play a big role in achieving that mark. He said the agency also is looking at expanding NOAA's IT services contract so the rest of the department can use it.
The Department of Commerce wants your ideas on the cybersecurity in an Internet-connected economy. Find out how you can comment on the department's report "Cybersecurity, Innovation and the Internet Economy".
Newly cross-trained Commerce staff working in existing local department offices are beginning to assist Chicago area businesses in collaboration with state and local partners. We get details from Commerce's Dennis Alvord.
Telework proves itself again when a Continuity of Operations Plan comes together.
A fire at the U.S. Department of Commerce has shut down the Hoover Building in D.C.. Construction workers had been doing asbestos abatement when the fire started in a storage room. Crews were able to quickly put out the fire but employees are being encouraged to take administrative leave or telework.