Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Discovery Communications
In the past year there have been two workplace murders and a hostage crisis in Montgomery County. That has businesses in Montgomery County thinking now is the time for a seminar on workplace safety.
The Discovery Channel parent company is considering new security measures for its Silver Spring headquarters after a gunman armed with explosive devices took three people hostage there last September.
WTOP's Kate Ryan talks with Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger and Assistant Police Chief Drew Tracy, a SWAT team veteran, about the hostage situation that ended with the death of James Lee.
Authorities have completed their search of Discovery Communications headquarters, a day after a man with a history of protesting the company's environmental programming burst into the headquarters with an explosive device strapped to his body and took three people hostage at gunpoint before police shot and killed him.
A man believed to have held three people hostage at the Discovery Communications building had a lengthy history of protesting against the company.