Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Discovery Communications
In the past year there have been two workplace murders and a hostage crisis in Montgomery County. That has businesses in Montgomery County thinking now is the time for a seminar on workplace safety.
The Discovery Channel parent company is considering new security measures for its Silver Spring headquarters after a gunman armed with explosive devices took three people hostage there last September.
WTOP's Kate Ryan talks with Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger and Assistant Police Chief Drew Tracy, a SWAT team veteran, about the hostage situation that ended with the death of James Lee.
Authorities have completed their search of Discovery Communications headquarters, a day after a man with a history of protesting the company's environmental programming burst into the headquarters with an explosive device strapped to his body and took three people hostage at gunpoint before police shot and killed him.
A man believed to have held three people hostage at the Discovery Communications building had a lengthy history of protesting against the company.