Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Discovery Communications
In the past year there have been two workplace murders and a hostage crisis in Montgomery County. That has businesses in Montgomery County thinking now is the time for a seminar on workplace safety.
The Discovery Channel parent company is considering new security measures for its Silver Spring headquarters after a gunman armed with explosive devices took three people hostage there last September.
WTOP's Kate Ryan talks with Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger and Assistant Police Chief Drew Tracy, a SWAT team veteran, about the hostage situation that ended with the death of James Lee.
Authorities have completed their search of Discovery Communications headquarters, a day after a man with a history of protesting the company's environmental programming burst into the headquarters with an explosive device strapped to his body and took three people hostage at gunpoint before police shot and killed him.
A man believed to have held three people hostage at the Discovery Communications building had a lengthy history of protesting against the company.