Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Digital Management Strategy
The guidance is two months late, but OMB is expected to issue it in early 2013. Todd Park, the federal CTO, said the White House also is updating the Data.gov platform and expanding the approach to healthcare data to other sectors.
In an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, Gwynne Kostin, who heads the new Digital Services Innovation Center, said the goals will require each agency to "get their feet wet in this space" and show progress in making services available through the web and consolidating websites.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said the new documents met three of five action items that agency technology managers developed last winter. OMB received buy-in not only from CIOs, but CFOs, CAOs and CHCOs before finalizing the plans.
The administration will release its Digital Management Strategy today that details 29 goals with deadlines over the next 12 months. OMB wants to set up a FedRAMP-like process for mobile, open a new Digital Innovation Center run by GSA and require the use of APIs.