Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dick Ginman
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Category management launches five pilots; more vendor past performance data
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller , Defense Intelligence Agency , DoE , Commerce , Mike Maraya , cybersecurity , Rod Turk , Grant Schneider , Sydney Smith-Heimbrock , Marie Davie , Marty Jennings , Tom Sharpe , Alan Chvotkin , GSA , OFPP , category management , Lesley Field , Past performance , technology , people , acquisition , Professional Services Council
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: DoD releases missing piece of 2015 budget; defense acquisition 'good enough'
The Defense Department's request for its overseas contingency operations is about $20 billion less than initial estimates. Former Defense officials say realistic goals and managed expectations usually spelled success for weapons systems.
Selling to the Pentagon may get more difficult this summer. Director of Defense Acquisition Policy Dick Ginman wants contracting officers to consider the fees the Pentagon pays when they buy through another agency's contract. Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners and author of the Week Ahead newsletter, writes about how to keep yourself in the running for DoD business. He tells In Depth with Francis Rose how Ginman's new memo will affect business.
President Obama is expected to sign the bill into law later this week that will require new levels of effort to make federal data more accessible. Now that the three-year effort to get the bill passed is complete, the hard work begins to make it a reality.
"Inside the DoD's Reporter's Notebook" is biweekly feature focused on news about the Defense Department and defense community as gathered by Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu.
DoD Reporter Jared Serbu talks to Dick Ginman, DoD's director for procurement and acquisition policy, and Letitia Long, the director of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
A group of functional domain experts are reaching out to the military services and agencies to look at service contracting spending across 12 areas. The Defense Department's goal is to use strategic sourcing to improve how it buys in these categories. The Army created a governance board to bring together all stakeholders during specific points of the acquisition process to find opportunities to collaborate.
The General Services Administration plans to award the $60 billion multiple award contract for complex professional services by October. Concerns again arise over whether there are too many multiple award contracts.
Tags: contracting , industry , Jim Ghiloni , GSA , OASIS , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Multiple award contracts , Bill Woods , GAO , professional services , DoD , Stan Soloway , PSC , MAGIC conference , Jason Miller
GSA's System for Award Management is finding its footing after a rough start. OFPP Administrator Joe Jordan said he's watching the systems' progress carefully.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , OFPP , GSA , DoD , Joe Jordan , System for Award Management , strategic sourcing , GAO , High Risk list , Interagency contracting , Coalition for Government Procurement , Jason Miller
Shay Assad, the Defense Department's director of defense pricing, and Dick Ginman, the Pentagon's director of defense procurement and acquisition policy, join host Roger Waldron to talk about their new roles.
June 7, 2011 - (Encore presentation June 21, 2011)
Tags: contracting , defense acquisition , defense department , pentagon , Shay Assad , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement , DoD Report , Suzanne Kubota , acquisition policy , acquisition workforce