Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Diane Watson
Lieberman said a congressional staff is reviewing draft legislative language of the comprehensive cybersecurity legislation, which includes an update to the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act. Sen. Reid promised to work on a cyber bill during the early part of the Senate session in 2012.
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: Contracting , technology , Gary Winkler , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Army , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , IAC/ACT , Executive Leadership Conference , data center , APCs , cybersecurity
Lynch, Watson only changes in leaders
Tags: Management , Edolphus Towns , Stephen Lynch , Lacy Clay , John Tierney , Dennis Kucinich , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Brian Bilbray , Jason Cheffetz , Patrick McHenry , Jeff Flake , Jim Jordan
Oversight and Government Reform Committee was to have heard from GSA, Interagency Management Council and the five vendors. But lawmakers are attending Dorothy Height's funeral.
Tags: technology , Contracting , Martha Johnson , Sonny Bhagowalia , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , GSA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Interior , OMB , Networx , telecommunications , FTS2001
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , Defense , State , DoJ , Treasury , USPS , GPO , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI , Federal Bridge
Taking steps to make sure everyone is counted.
The Senate Armed Services Committee has agreed to hold a hearing Sept. 9.
Reps. Langevin and McCaul introduce legislation that takes into account many of the recommendations of the Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th President. The White House cyber office would have full policy and budget authority over all civilian agencies.