Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Diana Gowen
As recently as a decade ago, enterprise services was seen as a way to cut costs and provide more efficient data and telephone services to civilian offices. But now, with the rise of the Pentagon's Joint Information Environment, enterprise services is taking on a new role in providing tactical information advantage to warfighters in the field, and business opportunities to industry capable of providing both the hardware and software to make it happen.
Joining us to talk about it on this edition of "AFCEA Answers" is David DeVries, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Information Enterprise, Department of Defense.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS cloud credential exchange almost ready, flood of GSA contract protests
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS' cloud exchange is almost ready to fly; GSA faces a flood of contract protests; and technology chairs shuffle at DHS and GSA.
Tags: USPS , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Doughlas Glair , FICAM , GSA , contracting , GAO , OASIS , Mary Davie , OMB , technology , Andy Ozment , Suzanne Spaulding , Phyllis Schneck , Mike Locatis , Bobbie Stempfley , DHS , Gregory Touhill , Katie Lewin , Kelly Olson , Sheila Campbell
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Tags: industry , contracting , Private Side of Sequestration , sequestration , budget , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Mary Beth Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , CenturyLink , Jason Miller
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
Tags: industry , contracting , The Private Side of Sequestration , budget , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , sequestration , Govini , Geoff Celhar , Bob Lohfeld , Lohfeld Consulting , Chris Romani , Integrity Management Consulting , Harold Youra , Alliance Solutions , Paul Fernandes , STG , CenturyLink , Jason Miller
Agencies will not be able to purchase secure Internet portal services through the Networx telecommunications contract before August.
Most mid- and small agencies missed the June 1 deadline to choose the Networx carrier to implement Managed Trusted IP Services. Some say part of the reason for the missed mandate is because GSA and DHS have approved only one MTIPS provider so far. OMB still wants agencies to have all traffic going through a TIC access point by Jan. 31.
Tags: technology , contracting , OMB , GSA , Mike Howell , Warren Suss , Suss Consulting , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Sprint , L3 , Networx , TIC , cybersecurity , MTIPS , telecommunications , Jason Miller
Vendors pessimistic that agencies can transition all services to Networx by June 2011. GSA says it will decide a few months before the contract ends whether to extend the current telecommunications contract.
Tags: technology , contracting , Steve Kempf , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , Jean Weinberg , Vivek Kundra , GSA , Interior , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , Interagency Management Council , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Don Herring , Susan Zeleniak , Networx , FTS 2001 , telecommunications , Jason Miller