Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Department of Energy
The Department of Energy says an expansion of the production of cellulosic biofuels can help to meet energy production, and greenhouse gas reduction goals.
The Department's Section 9-42 program supports the production of cellulosic biofuels by providing payments on a per gallon basis through a reverse auction process.
Members of the Biotechnology Industry group "BIO" point to a new report they say shows advanced biofuels are key to creating new jobs and revitalizing the U.S. economy.
The Report says the development of the industry could produce more than 140-billion dollars in economic growth by the year 2030, including the direct creation of as many as 29-thousand jobs by the year 2012; while reducing U.S petroleum imports by about 5-point-5 billion dollars by the same year, and by nearly 70-billion dollars by the year 2022.
Tags: Smart Grid , House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environme , Patricia Hoffman , George Arnold , NIST , National Institute of Standards and Technology , Paul De Martini , Jeff Ross , Michael Stoessl