Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Department of Energy
The Department of Energy says an expansion of the production of cellulosic biofuels can help to meet energy production, and greenhouse gas reduction goals.
The Department's Section 9-42 program supports the production of cellulosic biofuels by providing payments on a per gallon basis through a reverse auction process.
Members of the Biotechnology Industry group "BIO" point to a new report they say shows advanced biofuels are key to creating new jobs and revitalizing the U.S. economy.
The Report says the development of the industry could produce more than 140-billion dollars in economic growth by the year 2030, including the direct creation of as many as 29-thousand jobs by the year 2012; while reducing U.S petroleum imports by about 5-point-5 billion dollars by the same year, and by nearly 70-billion dollars by the year 2022.
Tags: Smart Grid , House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environme , Patricia Hoffman , George Arnold , NIST , National Institute of Standards and Technology , Paul De Martini , Jeff Ross , Michael Stoessl