Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Department of Energy
When disasters strike, information sharing becomes key for both first responders and the people affected on the ground. Over the past 10 months, two members of the private sector have dedicated their time and skills working with the federal government to develop apps and crowdsourcing techniques that could help save lives when the next Superstorm Sandy hits. Federal News Radio learns more about their individual projects as part of our special report, Solving Our Nation's Toughest Challenges: The Presidential Innovation Fellows.
What do you do with 4,000 barrels of nuclear waste when the only repository closes up shop?
The Energy Department confirmed 14,000 current and former employees are at risk of identity theft as cyber attackers gained access to their personal information. This is at least the second hacking incident this year.
The Department of Energy detailed to House lawmakers Wednesday its plans to create a new undersecretary for management and performance and expand its undersecretary of science office.
New Web site offers place for public to comment.
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how agencies are saving energy and money.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Federal Financial Management subcommittee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
Host John Gilroy discusses changes and emerging challenges for today's CIO with Peter Tseronis.
March 2, 2010
Tags: Technology , Federal Executive Forum , government , Ed O'Hare , GSA , Linda Travers , EPA , Jake Wooley , Donald Bathurst , DHS , Tom Simmons , Citrix Systems , John Frey , HP , Juniper Networks
Energy conservation and saving taxpayer dollars are the goals of an Executive order to agencies signed by the President last October. But what are the special challenges of complying with that order for Executive Branch agencies? A Senate committee spent yesterday afternoon getting a progress report.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Financial Management, Government Informatio , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Dorothy Robyn , Department of Defense , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas