Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Department of Defense
Robert Levinson, senior defense analyst at Bloomberg Government takes a closer look at the Pentagon's 2015 budget request, and what's in it for contractors.
June 17, 2014
The Merit Systems Protection Board seeks additional resources in its fiscal 2015 budget request to improve staffing and IT infrastructure. The agency is working through more than 32,000 furlough appeals in addition to its regular workload and also expects a wave of administrative judge retirements.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss growth potential at the Veterans Administration, the Affordable Care Act's impact on drug companies, and a preview of the 2012 Democratic and Republican conventions.
August 23, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact , sequestration , health care spending , Department of Veteran Affairs , Brian Friel , Affordable Care Act , Medicare , Medicaid , Brian Rye , 2012 Democratic convention , 2012 Republican convention , Bloomberg Insider , Tim Franklin
A Senate subcommittee wants to know how agencies are saving energy and money.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Federal Financial Management subcommittee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
A Northern Virginia lawmaker is successful in making the case to the Pentagon for a delay to give more than three dozen DoD agencies in Arlington County and the City of Alexandria two more years to make their move to new secure facilities under the BRAC process. Rep. Jim Moran (D.-Va.) says new buildings and infrastructure at Fort Belvoir simply aren't ready, and in the meantime, wants to ease the financial pressures on DoD landlords until the moves can happen.
Energy conservation and saving taxpayer dollars are the goals of an Executive order to agencies signed by the President last October. But what are the special challenges of complying with that order for Executive Branch agencies? A Senate committee spent yesterday afternoon getting a progress report.
Tags: management , energy conservation , Executive Order 13514 , Senate Financial Management, Government Informatio , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Carper , Nancy Sutley , White House Council on Environmental Quality , Richard Kidd , Department of Energy , Dorothy Robyn , Sam Pulcrano , USPS , President Obama , Max Cacas
The Deputy Secretary of Defense outlines the proposal for a Pentagon cybercommand as a work-in-progress.
DoD's top cyber cop reflects on changes for CISOs