Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dennis Rubin
A D.C. firefighter has been paid for not showing up at work for more than two years, WTOP has learned. The reason for the payments can be traced back to a corruption investigation that began back in 2008.
Sources say D.C. Fire Chief Dennis Rubin intends to stay until the end of his contract.
Three days after D.C. Fire Chief Dennis Rubin said a firefighter photographed naked while cooking eggs in a firehouse had been placed on enforced leave, his spokesman tells WTOP the firefighter has actually never been taken out of active service.
With ninety days left in his contract, Rubin candidly acknowledges to WTOP he will likely be clearing out his office soon.
A firefighter photographed cooking eggs naked after a retirement party in a D.C. firehouse has been placed on enforced leave.
"If a person in our city has an ambulance arrive and they want to go to the hospital, that will be the case," D.C. Fire and EMS Chief Dennis Rubin tells WTOP.
D.C. Fire and EMS Chief Dennis Rubin says changes will be made to his department following the death of a 2-year-old girl.