Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deloitte
Mark Amtower talks with former Congressman Tom Davis about the pendulum of procurement reform and more.
Dec. 7, 2009
Step one: hire good people.
More Cyber acumen coupled with new cultural sensitivity across all levels of federal agencies is needed.
Without a supplemental spending bill by July 4th, Sec. Gates has said Defense will be unable to pay active-duty military and have to start furloughing civilian workers. We talk with Gen. Charles Wald of Deloitte about the bill and the concerns.
Government leaders are embracing innovation to modernize systems and leverage technology to provide the next generation of citizen services and strengthen security in the face of growing cyber threats and privacy requirements.
Agency Director John Berry will hire someone to oversee the new approach to automating and calculating retirement data. Berry says he hopes to make up to 70 percent of the most common calculations electronic. OPM also just has begun a results oriented pilot in two offices as part of a workplace flexibility initiative.
There are many paths to career advancement in the federal government. And those paths are just a little smoother because of some new ways to communicate available to just about any fed.