Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deloitte
Alan Paller of the SANS Institute talks about DoD's new initiative to hire 4,000 more people for its Cyber Command. Paul Terry of Blackboard, Inc., discusses how his company is helping GSA with its travel planning. Devon Hewitt, a partner at Protorae Law, weighs in on a recent contract award protest affecting people with disabilities. Capt. Paul Hammer of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury, talks about the latest efforts at his center. Robin Lineberger of Deloitte LLP fills us in about the Professional Services Council's new commission that's focusing on efficient and innovative acquisition issues.
Tags: Alan Paller , SANS Institute , U.S. Cyber Command , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Paul Terry , GSA , Blackboard , Devon Hewitt , Protorae Law , DoD , DoD Report , Army , accessibility , Paul Hammer , Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological He , mental illness , Walter Reed Army Medical Center , Robin Lineberger , Professional Services Council , acquisition , Federal Drive
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held its first hearing on the steps needed to reform IT management across government. But federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he has the authority needed to improve how agencies spend money on technology programs. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the committee's chairman, is developing legislation to update laws governing the management of IT.
Tags: technology , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CIO authorities , IT reform , Tom Davis , David Powner , GAO , John Mica , Jason Miller , House , Congress
Kal Stein, president and CEO of EarthShare, talks about his company's new role as the manager of the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capitol Area. Attorney John Mahoney weighs in on a recent ruling by the EEOC. Gen. Charles Wald of Deloitte talks about the ever-changing aerospace markets. Anne-Marie Fennell of GAO discusses Alaska Native Corporations. Ed Moscatelli discusses how the Army has eliminated 8,000 vehicles.
Tags: Kal Stein , CFCNCA , CFC , EarthShare , John Mahoney , Legal Loop , EEOC , SSA , Charles Wald , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Anne-Marie Fennell , GAO , Alaska Native Corporations , Ed Moscatelli , Army , Federal
Rick Swanson, principal and mHealth Federal Health Lead from Deloitte, joins host John Gilroy to talk about mobile healthand how it can help cuts costs at your agency.
January 8, 2013
The Partnership for Public Service and Deloitte released the 2012 Best Places to Work in Federal Government rankings today. While some agencies improved their employee satisfaction rankings, the majority did not, resulting in the greatest overall change -- a 3.2 point drop -- since the rankings began.
Can a "whole of nation" approach be the answer to the increasing connectivity of physical and cyber infrastructure protection? Hear insights from DHS experts Suzanne Spaulding, Deputy Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate and Mark Weatherford, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity, National Protection and Programs Directorate as they discuss DHS programs in recognition of National Critical Infrastructure and Protection Resilience Month.
Tags: management , FedCentral , Physical and Cyber Infrastructure , Suzanne Spaulding , Mark Weatherford , Harry Raduege Jr , Jane Norris , Shamyra Edmonds , Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience Month , DHS , NPPD , cybersecurity , workforce
Former Virginia Congressman and current Deloitte Federal Government Affairs Director Tom Davis talks about this year's presidential election results.
November 13, 2012
Current and former officials at the General Services Administration will face a gauntlet of congressional hearings this week, following reports of excessive spending on a 2010 regional training conference and other programs. In an interview on In Depth with Francis Rose, former Virginia Congressman and Chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Tom Davis shared his insights and what to look for during the hearings.
GSA also renews a contract to improve its human resources shared service provider effort. The Federal Acquisition Institute will hold an industry day in November to discuss two new solicitations.
John Powers is a principal at Deloitte Consulting LLP. He spoke to Federal News Radio as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.