Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deloitte
Alex Grohmann and John Dyson from the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Informations Systems Security Association, join host John Gilroy to talk about what you can do to make your agency more secure.
July 9, 2013
Tags: technology , FedRAMP , IT security , cloud computing , Information Systems Security Association , ISSA NOVA , Alex Grohmann , Morgan Franklin , John Dyson , continuous monitoring , NIST , NIST 800-53 , NIST special publication 800-53 Rev 4 , information technology , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Jack Midgely, a director at Deloitte firm and the lead author of a new report on defense spending, is Jared Serbu's guest for this week's edition of On DoD.
A new GSA inspector general report criticizes Federal Acquisition Service managers for altering contracts at the request of contractors and against the wishes of FAS staff and the IG himself.
Governmentwide scores tracking how agencies foster and reward employee innovation dropped in 2012 for the second year in a row, according to a new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Deloitte. NASA took the honors for the most innovative large agency, while the Surface Transportation Board was the most innovative small agency.
Federal chief financial officers have more foresight, insight and hindsight than ever before to make better decisions. But just as important as having these wide-ranging sight lines is how they are being translated down to the program level. Experts say agencies are slowly heading down the path of using data to make better decisions.
Tags: management , financial management , data analytics , Danny Werfel , OMB , Grant Thornton , Doug Criscitello , Vincent Dennis , GSA , FEMA , Treasury , data sharing , Rise of the Money People , Jason Miller
From shared services and data-driven decision-making, to shrinking budgets and workforces, Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People, tracks the emerging trends in effective financial management at federal agencies, and the possible hurdles that stand in the way of saving even more money.
View a chart of agency-by-agency leadership rankings. The scores are out of 100 and are based on results from the Office of Personnel Management's 2012 Employee Viewpoint Survey.
If a compromise does not take place by Jan. 2, sequestration will kick in potentially causing challenges for federal agencies and contractors. So do federal agencies and contractors have plans in place or are they crossing their fingers in the meantime?
Kerry McDermott from the WestHealth Institute and Dr. Harry Greenspun from Deloitte talk about healthcare IT, and ways to cut costs.
February 26, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , Kerry McDermott , WestHealth Institute , Dr. Harry Greenspun , mobile health , information technology , patient centered care , wireless security , mobile devices , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Sens. Mark Warner and Bob Corker and Rep. Chris Van Hollen all believe there is at better than a 50 percent chance Congress and the White House will agree on a budget reduction plan before Jan. 1. But federal pay and benefits, and contract spending remain on the table to be part of the cuts.