Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deficit Commission
The White House deficit commission releases its recs, some of which directly impact federal employees.
The Republican Study Committee introduced the Spending Reduction Act that would eliminate USAID and three other small agencies. It also would take spending back to 2006 levels in fiscal 2012. The legislation also would cut or reduce spending in 100 programs such as agency travel budgets and require the collection of unpaid taxes from federal employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , Chris Van Hollen , Morgan Griffith , Jim Matheson , Republican Study Committee , USAID , Spending Reduction Act , AFGE , NTEU , Colleen Kelley , John Gage , federal workforce , federal employee pay , Jason Miller
The Texas Senator wants to create a sunset commission to look for waste in the federal budget.
Republican leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee introduced a bill to reduce the size of the federal government by 10 percent, codifying the deficit commission's recommendation. The legislation also would not let agencies hire contractors to replace federal workers unless there is a "financial advantage to the government."
Tags: pay and benefits , Darrell Issa , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis RossHouse Oversight and Government Reform C , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , workforce , Jason Miller , workforce reductions , Elijah Cummings , Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug , Congress
Sen. Richard Burr (R.-N.C.) introduced legislation forming the Commerce and Workforce Department using recommendations of GAO and the deficit commission. Thirty-five offices would be consolidated into 12 and funding of seven programs or initiatives would be reduced or eliminated.
In the State of the Union, the President said he will submit a proposal to Congress to reduce the overlap among agencies. Obama also called for a five-year freeze in domestic spending, but asked lawmakers to do more with entitlement spending. He also promised to continue to invest in innovation and research and development.
Comeback America Initiative's David Walker discusses the proposals by the president's deficit reduction commission.
Carl Conetta, co-director of the Project on Defense Alternatives, discusses the Sustainable Defense Task Force's report on how to cut defense spending.
While the recommendations from the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform didn't pass, we may not have seen the end of them. Jason Fichtner, senior research fellow with the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, joins us with more.
WFED's Jason Miller brings the latest on the deficit commission's recommendations that impact federal employees.