Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense Media Activity
Melvin Russell, acting director of Defense Media Activity and visionary of the American Forces Radio and Television Service, has retired after 51 years of military and civilian service.
Charles "Jack" Holt III
Senior Strategist for Emerging Media
Defense Media Activity, Department of Defense
June 16th, 2009
(Reairs July 28th, 2009)
All over the Federal Government, agencies are trying to figure out how social collaboration applications fit into the mission of their organizations. Representatives from several government agencies offered best practice talks about their own encounters with web 2.0 during the recent Adobe Government Open Source Conference.
Tags: newsstand , Adobe Government Open Source Conference , MeriTalk , Tina Carriola , Idea Factory , Transportation Security Agency , Ken Fritzsche , Army Knowledge Online , Jack Holt , best practices
In a column for Federal News Radio, Ft. Meade Commander Col. Dan Thomas says, "By this fall, the official worker population of Fort Meade will have grown to more than 48,000. This is 13,000 more personnel than we had three years ago - you do the math: if BRAC growth is 5,400, who are all these other people?"