Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense Department
The Defense Department is looking for two things as it pertains to collaboration: Security and inter-operability.
Army Gen. Keith Alexander, the head of the new Defense Department's Cyber Command, says the military needs to bolster its ability to see and understand what's happening across its many computer networks in real-time.
Sec. Gates orders a top-to-bottom review to find at least $10 billion in annual savings.
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
Details on the event coming to the Washington Convention Center next week.
More from this hearing on using funds for specialty and incentive pay instead of across-the-board pay raises.
The Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan wants to know how the Army is doing in administering services contracts.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.
My countdown of the three biggest news stories of the week, as chosen by experts on the Federal government
Tags: Federal News Countdown , Jonathan Breul , Debra Roth , Todd Platts , Comptroller General , Government Accountability Office , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , National Security Agency , transition , Fort Hood , Robert Gates , acquisition , DoD , Pentagon , Federal Protective Service
Social media is helping the U.S. government with recovery and relief efforts in Haiti.