Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense Department
The cuts could mean a loss of $6 billion to $7 billion to the local economy, says Stephen Fuller, director for the Center for Regional Analysis at George Mason University in Fairfax.
The Defense Department is looking for two things as it pertains to collaboration: Security and inter-operability.
Army Gen. Keith Alexander, the head of the new Defense Department's Cyber Command, says the military needs to bolster its ability to see and understand what's happening across its many computer networks in real-time.
Sec. Gates orders a top-to-bottom review to find at least $10 billion in annual savings.
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
Details on the event coming to the Washington Convention Center next week.
More from this hearing on using funds for specialty and incentive pay instead of across-the-board pay raises.
The Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan wants to know how the Army is doing in administering services contracts.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.
My countdown of the three biggest news stories of the week, as chosen by experts on the Federal government
Tags: Federal News Countdown , Jonathan Breul , Debra Roth , Todd Platts , Comptroller General , Government Accountability Office , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , National Security Agency , transition , Fort Hood , Robert Gates , acquisition , DoD , Pentagon , Federal Protective Service