Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense Department
Federal News Radio's DoD Reporter Jared Serbu offers news tidbits and buzz about the Defense Department.
Tags: budget , Congress , Buck McKeon , Carl Levin , House Armed Service Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , Martin Dempsey , Quadrennial Defense Review , Tim Kaine , MacKensie Eaglen , Jared Serbu , Inside the DoD Reporter
With public trust and safety at stake, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered immediate actions Thursday to define the depth of trouble inside the nation's nuclear force, which has been rocked by disclosures about security lapses, poor discipline, weak morale and other problems that raise questions about nuclear security.
National Security Agency officials says it's a good news/bad news situation with the nation's cybersecurity. David Sims of the Interior Department said debarment and suspension are powerful tools.
The outcome of that investigation could suspend or delay the move of 6,400 defense workers to Alexandria in September.
A live listen inside the Washington Convention Center for this year's FOSE expo.
The expanding Chinese military budget is causing some concern at agencies and on the Hill.
Lynn also says, about the QDR, "People look for any sign of decision, like smoke from the Vatican chimney."
September 16th, 2009
Technology is allowing stacks of papers all over government to be done away with.