Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense Acquisition University
The Defense Department is looking at programs to cut back or kill because of budget pressures. When you get the work to terminate your program, you don't just stop. The Defense Acquisition University's Smart Shutdown guide book tells you how to shut down the right way. John Adams, director of the specialty engineering education and training program and professor of acquisition program management and systems engineering at the Defense Acquisition University, was Francis Rose's guest on Pentagon Solutions.
When the Defense Department began contingency contracting operations on a large-scale in Iraq in 2003 it was largely a trial by fire. Despite the best planning, DoD lacked the programs and practical solutions to handle the environment, officials say. Since then, commissions, panels and lawmakers have offered fixes and DoD has evolved to try to create "rock-solid" reforms. Federal News Radio examines these issues in the next part of our series, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer.
Tags: Dov Zakheim , Jacques Gansler , Alan Chvotkin , Gary Motsek , John Tierney , Harold McAlduff , DoD , State , acquisition , contracting , Commission on Wartime Contracting , Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , Jack Moore
The Senate confirmed the nomination of Joe Jordan as administrator for the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, as well as nominations for seven key Defense Department positions.
Tags: Joe Jordan , OFPP , DoD , Senate , Frank Kendall , Federal Drive , James Miller , Erin Conaton , Jessica Wright , Katrina McFarland , Kathleen Hicks , Derek Chollet , procurement , acquisition , DoD Report
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The President delegated reform appropriately, except that the person to whom he delegated the task doesn't yet exist.
What kind of education and training does it take to get into this field?
John Thomas, Senior Vice President and Chief Systems Engineer at Booz Allen Hamilton, describes the company's training partnership with DAU.
Alicia Sanchez, the games czar at the Defense Acquisition University, explains how online games are helping workers learn about procurement.
The rationale behind the site was to serve as a place where professionals in the Acquisition workforce could go to play games that were related to the "core competencies" that are central to Acquisition.