Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense
What's the best way to train the next generation of federal agency supervisors? a Senate panel holds an oversight hearing exploring proposed legislation to improve the way that potential mid-level managers are trained, and ways to continue and enhance the training and experience they already have.
Tags: management , Pay&benefits , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Daniel Akaka , Nancy Kichak , OPM , Marilee Fitzgerald , DoD , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Max Cacas
Details on the event coming to the Washington Convention Center next week.
The Department of Defense is putting innovation and creativity into their engineering efforts. They have announced the winners of the Defense Value Engineering Achievement Awards that recognize the best value innovations that government and business develop to create cost-effective program solutions. Team leader David Szczublewski explains how.
More from this hearing on using funds for specialty and incentive pay instead of across-the-board pay raises.
The troubled Defense Travel System may never be fixed unless there are drastic changes in the rules themselves about DOD travel. DTS director Pam Mitchell explains.
Transformational Medical Technologies Initiative (TMTI) was pioneered by The Department of Defense to better prepare and protect the warfighter and the nation from emerging, genetically engineered, and unknown biothreat agents. Director David Hough gives us details on how that's done.
Technology has become crucial for and in federal recruiting of the disabled. Dinah Cohen, director of the Computer and Electronics Accommodations Program at Defense explains.
Committee Chairman Ike Skelton says fixing the acquisition system at the Department of Defense is a bipartisan goal.
Value Engineering (VE) is a function analysis process to identify actions that reduce cost, increase quality, and improve mission capabilities across the entire DoD enterprise. Nick Torelli, Deputy Director for Mission Assurance tells us about what it takes to be a winner.
The Pentagon has named John James Director of the NSPS Transition Office. He joins us with a look at the future of NSPS and pay for performance.