Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense
A report by the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction shows that insufficient accounting procedures has left DoD unable to account for 96% of the funding it received from the Development Fund for Iraq.
A team of over 40 civilians is going to Afghanistan to set up a distribution facility where materials are stored and issued to members of the military. Rear Admiral Thomas Traaen tells us how it works.
The Pentagon is feed up with leaks. "Over the last two years I've lost a first rate central command commander, and an outstanding commander of ISAF in Afghanistan due to their own missteps in dealing with the media, says Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates. He adds' "if you're a Captain in a unit that has an embedded reporter", be as open as possible within the guidelines and rules, but "if you're a Captain working in this building on budget options, I expect you to keep your mouth shut."
Agency leaders say a commitment hiring and training contract oversight personnel is an important step towards balancing the federal budget and increasing efficiency. They highlight several creative cost-cutting measures being undertaken government-wide.
If outsourcing is the answer, what should be the question? We hear from Commissioner Grant Green of the Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The CEW is a workforce of Department of Defense civilians trained and equipped to deploy oversees in support of worldwide military missions. We learn more about it from Frank DiGiovanni, the Acting Director of Readiness and Training Policy and Programs at Defense.
Tens of thousands of federal employees may have their pay raises cut under the General Schedule for earning better raises under NSPS. Federal Managers Association's Patricia Niehaus explains.
Within the defense budget, a debate has been developing for some time between funding the personnel-related areas and the equipment-related areas. We get details from Todd Harrison with the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Analysis.
Bill would require Defense to explore new cybersecurity buys and tools, First governmentwide cyber provider approved
Don't Ask, Don't Tell and Joint Strike Fighter issues are only the beginnings of the hurdles for the bill. Jodi Schneider, Senior Editor at American Banker, explains.