Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Defense
Workforce furloughs and budget cuts have caused a Google email pilot program at the Defense Information Systems Agency to be extended through November, Government Computer News reports.
The Department of the Navy will begin to virtualize its services and hopes to achieve total server virtualization by 2017, in an effort to cut costs. The service has been active in cutting IT costs in the wake of Defense budget cuts.
With the Supreme Court's overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act, same-sex spouses of both federal employees and military personnel will be eligible for the same benefits previously only available to opposite-sex couples.
The Department of the Navy is finding real dollar savings by moving to enterprise software licenses, managing mobile devices and services better and reducing the number of printers and the amount printed. Terry Halvorsen, the DoN CIO, said they are on track to meet the goal of cutting 25 percent of their IT budget in five years.
January 17, 2013
Covers the dynamics in both public and private sectors, CSC's approach and the conundrum of intellectual property.
Cloud today.....security, benefits beyond cost reduction and migrating to the cloud.
The official definition of big data and the value federal agencies can gain.
Whether it's improving older aircraft with solutions like the RACR radar and Center Display Unit upgrade, expanding the capacity of the world's air traffic management systems or modernizing navigation with GPS OCX, Raytheon takes technology and prepares it for the future.