Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deepwater Horizon
The Environmental Protection Agency said BP's "lack of business integrity" in its conduct and response following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill weighed into its decision to temporarily suspend the company from obtaining new federal contracts.
Working with government agencies means working in a political environment. The response, former Coast Guard Admiral and Commandant Thad Allen said, was "as much as a political event as an operational event."
This week Navy Secretary Ray Mabus released a report that calls for establishing a congressionally mandated Gulf Coast Restoration Task Force to coordinate federal, state and local actions to restore the Gulf after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Picking up globs of oil off the beach is no answer.