Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Debra Roth
Author John Maclean will discuss his latest book on the 2006 Esperanza Fire in southern California.
April 12, 2013
Kevin Brancato of Bloomberg Government talks about cuts Congress is facing from sequestration. Shawn McCarthy of IDC Government Insights discusses how much agencies are spending on cybersecurity. Attorney Debra Roth explains what rights employees have if they are singled out unfairly for furlough. Karen Heath of the USPS discusses how her office deciphers poor handwritten addresses. Peter Suber of the Harvard Open Access Project advocates for greater access to federally-funded research.
The President is considering issuing an Executive Order to prevent government contractors from discriminating against gay and lesbian employees. Debra Roth, partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, joins the Legal Loop to discuss. The White House is also getting set to release an executive order on cybersecurity information sharing. A new research report from Microsoft attempts to explain the factors behind why some countries have excellent cybersecurity performance and others lag behind. Paul Nicholas of Microsoft explains the findings.
Debra Roth, partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth, and John Palguta, vice president of the Partnership for Public Service count down the top federal news story of the week.
Multiple current and former Forest Service employees say they've faced sexual harassment and physical assault while on the job, and some have lost their positions for speaking up. Now, they are fighting back by filing a class action EEOC complaint for unfair treatment. The Agriculture Department, the parent agency of the Forest Service, says it is tackling a history of discrimination with more training and accountability as part of a cultural transformation program.
Tags: USDA , Joe Leonard , Forest Service , Elaine Vercruysse , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Jonel Wagoner , Alicia Dabney , Lesa Donnelly , USDA Coalition of Minority Employees , EEOC , civil rights , discrimination , Jolie Lee , workforce , exclusive
Neal Schiff and Carol Tschudy from the Society of FBI Alumni, and Brad Benson from the Society of Former Special Agents, will talk about the work being done by their organizations.
November 30, 2012
What are the implications of the Petraeus scandal and what should other high level federal employees be aware of? A lawyer explains. Plus, will a second Obama term bring changes to federal benefits?
Jon Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, and Tony Vergnetti, president of Federal Employee Defense Services will update us on recent legislative work during lame duck session.
November 2, 2012
Tags: workforce , Jon Adler , FLEOA , Tony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , The Officer Safety Act , James Zadroga , 9/11 health and compensation act , Electronic Communications Privacy Act , Shaw Bransford and Roth , Fed Talk
Tom Dugard from Affirmational Leadership Consulting and Kathie Lingle from WorldatWork will discuss the leadership qualities that federal managers should have.
October 5, 2012
Tags: workforce , leadership , federal managers , efficiency in government , conflict resolution , Tom Dugard , Affirmational Leadership Consulting , Kathie Lingle , WorldatWork , federal workplace , Fed Talk
Jim Seymour of the Partnership for Public sevice, and several Service to America medal winners join host Debra Roth on today's program.
September 21, 2012