Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Deborah Hersman
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , CPSC , NHTSA , FDA , Jared Serbu
The National Transportation Safety Board is adding a new role to its job description: identify air safety hazards before they cause crashes.
When there's an explosion in any of the more than 300,000 miles of gas pipeline throughout the country, the NTSB could be called to investigate. Chairman Deborah Hersman said she just doesn't have the manpower for that.
The National Transportation Safety Board is taking aim at states like Virginia.