Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Debora Plunkett
A pilot project is part of NSA's push to layer commercial technologies and standards on top of one another to achieve security goals more quickly. This approach would replace the government-specific IT solutions that can take years and millions of dollars to develop.
The Defense & Security MOBILE Symposium hosted by AFCEA DC focuses on the potential that mobile and wireless technologies offer for meeting the operational mission of the military, security community and DHS, as well as for improving business operations and training. Listen to Federal News Radio's interviews with conference speakers.
Debora Plunkett, the director of the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Directorate, said there is good news and bad news when it comes to protecting the U.S. from cyber threats on a daily basis. In an exclusive interview for Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month program, Plunkett said getting the nation's networks to a higher level of security is multifold.
National Security Agency officials says it's a good news/bad news situation with the nation's cybersecurity. David Sims of the Interior Department said debarment and suspension are powerful tools.
The head of U.S. Cyber Command says cloud computing is part of his plan for staying ahead of the cyber threats that face the Defense Department. “A year from now we should be well on our way to having a hardened architecture proven and in place, which provides a new level of cybersecurity,” said General [...]