Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dawn Leaf
Labor Department Deputy CIO Dawn Leaf joins Federal News Radio for an online chat to discuss her priorities around IT modernization, data center consolidation and cybersecurity.
Dawn Leaf, Labor's deputy chief information officer, said the agency is moving to a centralized infrastructure and hopes to give its bureaus a platform on which to build mission-critical apps.
Listen Tuesday May 20th @ 12pm
As agencies strive to make legacy applications available on any device, NIST is providing help by developing metrics and focusing on portability.
Looming budget cuts, expanded missions, greater public demand, and a changing workforce--huge challenges for today's government agency leaders. These challenges present opportunities to maximize value and do better with less. With guidance coming from many directions, how can leaders determine what works best for their agencies? What are the "game-changers" in the arena of driving value? And how can leaders expedite value optimization?
Dawn Leaf takes over for Tom Wiesner who retired in June.
With the release of the draft of version 1 of the cloud technology roadmap, the agency wants to cast a wider net of cloud expertise. The draft roadmap could be used now by program managers and CIOs in order to meet OMB's goal of moving three services to the cloud by 2013.
Federal News Radio was on hand for the latest NIST Cloud Computing Forum and Workshop where the agency announced it has created a cloud computing test bed named Koala. Dawn Leaf, NIST’s senior executive for Cloud Computing, told those in attendance the objective of the test bed is to “assess and characterize resource allocation algorithms [...]
GSA, DoD, DHS still need at least another month to finalize the FedRAMP requirements. Agencies and vendors are anxiously waiting the FedRAMP process to speed up the move to cloud computing and save money. The CIO Council also is developing the top 20 cloud security considerations to help agencies mitigate risks.
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.