Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Walker
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: FedRAMP compliance results months away, OMB's word of the year: Effectiveness
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: FedRAMP , OMB , Steve VanRoekel , Beth Cobert , Lisa Schlosser , PortfolioStat , management , IT , Jennifer Kerber , Katie Lewin , GSA , Sonny Hasmi , Casey Coleman , Senate , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
Former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker and Connecticut State Representative Diana Urban join Federal News Radio for a free online chat to discuss what needs to be done to fix the failing federal budget process. View an archive of the recent chat.
Federal News Radio asked a panel of experts how they would solve the flawed budget process as part of our special report: Now or Never: Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process. See what they had to say and tell us which ideas you think would work best.
Tags: budget , Association for Government Accountants , Comback America Initiative , Comptroller General , GAO , biennial budgets , Reid Ribble , House , House Budget Committee , Bryan Clark , Center for Strategic & Budgetary Assessments , Diana Urban , results-based accountability , Dan Chenok , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Robert Bixby , Concord Coalition , David Wessel , The Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy , Brookings Institution , Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
In addition to restoring reasonable Presidential reorganization authority, it's time to implement a statutory Government Transformation Board to make periodic findings and recommendations to Congress, says David Walker, former comptroller general of the U.S. Mr. Walker's column is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Now or Never: Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process.
A Conversation with Chuck Prow, editor and Dave Walker, contributor, Governing to Win: Enhancing National Competitiveness through New Policy and Operating Approaches.
A new commission, proposed by David Walker, former U.S. comptroller general, would recommend ways to streamline government by removing duplication and extraneous spending from government agencies. Federal-employee unions criticized the proposal and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee lawmakers expressed skepticism that such a proposal could gain congressional approval.
Tags: management , budget , oversight , Congress , best practices , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Mica , Carolyn Maloney , Stephen Goldsmith , Elaine Kamarck , J. David Cox , Government Transformation Initiative , AFGE , Reinventing Government
The Office of Management and Budget took the first step Friday in attempting to compile a comprehensive list of federal programs with the launch of a new online inventory. Hosted on Performance.gov, the Federal Program Inventory aims to be a one-stop shop for information about the more than 1,600 programs agencies operate and how they complement -- or even duplicate -- the work of other programs.
A Conversation with Chuck Prow, editor and Dave
Walker, contributor, Governing to Win:
Enhancing National Competitiveness through New
Policy and Operating Approaches.
A Conversation with Chuck Prow, editor and Dave Walker, contributor, Governing to Win: Enhancing National Competitiveness through New Policy and Operating Approaches